• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eBooks won't authorize because my email address doesn't match

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded an e-textbook, and only found out after I had installed adobe digital editions with an adobe account with my OLD email address that the email address you use to authorize DE has to match the email address you used to purchase the eBook. So, I tried uninstalling DE and reinstalling it, but it won't let me associate it with my adobe account with my NEW email address, so I can't access the $30 book I paid for. Can someone please tell me how to associate DE with a new email address?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your old book should have been migrated if it was on the drive at the time that you installed ADE 1.5. Odd that it wasn't...

Anyway, if you want to go back to the old AdobeID, launch ADE, then press control-shift-D. This brings up a dialog that allows you to deactivate. Do that..

Then relaunch ADE 1.5, and choose 'Authorize Computer' in the library menu and authorize with your old id..

If you get stuck open a web support case at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines