Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with startup....

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just install DE ...twice...
It always show.."Could not find Digital Editions folder."...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, My Desktop run with XP pro sp2 (Chinese-Traditional) in P4 2.4GHz CPU...direct connect to 2M ADSL..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only known issue that would produce this is if you had mapped your My Documents folder to some oddly mounted network drive. That said, we have not thoroughly tested DE with Chinese (traditional or simplified) and it is possible that there is a bug there. We will try and check on our end. But have you moved or remapped your My Documents folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message, and work in a network environment where everyone's My Documents folder is mapped to a shared network drive - is there a workaround for this?

Cheers,
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Ric, as you said, MyDocuments folder on my PC had mounted to other drive. Do I have to change it back default setting ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions in this thread:

Managed PCs. There is currently not a workaround for this, but we are working on this as a top priority. Can you please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/?

My Documents on another drive: This has been tested rather extensively and works. The only issues we saw were where the My Documents was mapped to some kinds of network drives, or where the user simply moved their My Documents folder without using the OS' tool (i.e. right-click on your My Documents folder and select "Properties", then change the target in the dialog using the Move... button. Does either of these fit your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2007 Sep 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that again Adobe is unable to code programs that accept any user configuration that Windows supports and especially make it hard to run their programs in managed network environments. As if it is so hard to read and parse a few registry keys *sigh*...

Anyway, the solution that worked for me, was to create a "My Digital Editions" folder myself under my redirected "My documents" folder. I wonder why Adobe couldn't either fix nor get the workaround themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2007 Sep 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You are a genius, such a simple and elegant solution, and worked for me also.<br /><br />Many thanks indeed.<br /><br />I should have thought of this as I had the reverse situation with another program which needed the My Documents folder to be at "C:\My Documents" regardless of where the 'official' My Documents folder had been redirected to, or where program itself had been installed... <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines