• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Error Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many time with Internet Explorer (Latest version) and Mozilla Firefox but i can't seem to figure out what the problem is.. when i try to click on the installer button for Adobe Digital Edition, it first starts off by saying:
E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032
if anyone can help me with this problem i will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

p.s: i am currently using windows xp

-Nabeel Saleh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message makes no sense to me.. You don't get any kind of activation until -after- you install and launch Digital Editions. Are you sure you're describing the steps correctly? <br /><br />In any case, the instructions in this technote will work for XP, only you put the EXE in a different path:<br />C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions1x5<br /><br />If you have Digital Editions installed and it's an error when launching the app, open a support case. <br /><br />To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Bentley Wolfe<br />Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions<br />Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. When I attempt to open DE, the above error message comes up.

Try again button doesn't work - only option left is to cancel out.

Regards,

Aaron Hay

P.S. Also, when I hit the Launch button on DE Installer web page I get the same error. I'm guessing I have to register the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032 error report.

Unless this is resolved it makes my recent purchase of the Sony PRS-505 reader look like a spectacular waste of money.

I'm using Windows XP Home and Firefox.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

David Lewis
UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error: "Adobe DRM Error" when you activate Digital Editions or access an eBook

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402747

Try that first.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything recommended by Mr Wolfe, and nothing's working. I still get that error. The program just won't open. I haven't even tried downloading anything. I can't even register the problem with Adobe because the Support Centre is a maze and it keeps saying I'm in the USA no matter how many times I reset it. Is there even any way I can use the eReader without this program? I'm getting very ticked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dibiloid-stupid system.

Adobe, why you so shure everybody have internet access on the computer?

I have two computers:
one of them with internet access, but without printer.
and another one - with printer, but without internet access.
And this cannot be changed - it by network design!!!

How I should move my eBooks to another computer and print them ?????
And how I should install properly this "genius" Adobe Digital on the second copmuter ??????

Idiotic application. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mr. Wolfe,
We have not been able to read our purchased books yet!
Please, help us.
I tried your suggested solution 1, and then 2, but you should know that most of us have Firewall from our provider, not from Windows. I don't think that should be a problem. If you are still insisting in the Firewall and security issue, then we will all have to call our providers and to bag them to include Adobe Digital Editions to the list of "desirable" web site. This is not the way to resolve this. You guys better do some workaround solution, before we all get so frustrated and...find some other company to help us read our ebooks.
This supposed to be a joke, but I really think that it's not fair to leave us without a "work for all" solution.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2009 Feb 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download ADE onto a windows xp home (SP3) machine, and every time the download is almost complete, I get an error message "corrupted package digitaleditions_win.zip" Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2009 Feb 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same problem and found the solution listed elswhere on this site. Thanks Jim.

JimLester - 10:29pm Feb 4, 09 PST (#1 of 1)

Adriano,

Use the standalone installer, which you can download from:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the standalone installer, the following error message was on my desktop (after downloading the application):

E_ADEPT_CLIENT ActivationServiceInfo EXCEPTION Error%20#1009 RESP

I bought a new Sony reader and got first the same error message like Nik Fogle.

I am using Windows XP (SP3) and the Internet Explorer.

Kind regards,

Rüdiger-Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem. I just used the stand alone installer and it did the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i downloaded again the application via the standalone installer, but i have still the issue. Do someone now, if there is an issue with the activation severs from Adobe and how to fix this mentioned issue above: E_ADEPT_CLIENT.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is indeed down. Our IT department is aware and working on this. I do not have an ETA of when it will be up, but will post when it is available again.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is now back up and available again. You should be able active your copies of Digital Editions now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message:
I used the stand alone installer several times and none of the other troubleshooting suggestions worked. I recently purchased a new computer and am now using the Digital Edition 1.7- I never had any problems with Adobe 6.0 and 7.0. This is very frustrating! I have spent almost two hours trying to figure this out with no luck. Please advise,
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have encountered the same problems when activating Digital Editions with my new Sony PRS-505. Yesterday evening the activation server was definitely NOT up, I got the E_ADEPT....1009 message. Today on another (!) computer I get a corrupted digitaleditions_win.zip message. Is Adobe going CRAZY???? I will take my new reader and send it back to the retail store only why Adobe is unable to correct the problem. Disgusting!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines