what is this error?

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

when ever i try to download my ebook it gives this error

=====

F_PDF_T3_DOC_EXCEPTION file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator.OMER/My%20Documents/My%20Digital%20Editions/The_Two_Faces_of_Islam__Saudi_Fundamentalism_and_.pdf PDFStreamReceiver::totalLengthReady tetraphilia_runtime 2
--- errorListChange ---
=========

can someone plz tell me why i am getting this error and how i can solve this problem??

Omer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is unfortunately something wrong with the PDF file that you downloaded. Typically, this error occurs when the file is badly corrupted, such as the download failed and you only got half the book. Try deleting the file and re-downloading the book.

THe error message should be a little more informative. We will fix this in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you are right its downloading only 923 kb of the file. total file size is about 1.3 mb.

any idea why it not downloading complete file??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need a lot more info. Are you behind some unusual firewall or proxy? Did you install an "internet speedup" tool? These often strip out some of the HTTP headers. DId you try re-downloading and get the same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2007 Aug 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message so apparently the fix did not work. Help, who can I cantact rather than waiting days for a reply?

F_PDF_T3_DOC_EXCEPTION file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/klong/My%20Documents/My%20Digital%20Editions/Lean_Six_Sigma_for_Service_0028.pdf PDFStreamReceiver::totalLengthReady tetraphilia_runtime 2 --- errorListChange ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F_PDF_T3_DOC_EXCEPTION file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator.OMER/My%20Documents/My%20Digital%20Editions/The_Two_Faces_of_Islam__Saudi_Fundamentalism_and_.pdf PDFStreamReceiver::totalLengthReady tetraphilia_runtime 2
--- errorListChange ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2007 Oct 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, these messages are rather misleading, but what is being reported is that the PDF file contains errors. The PDF engine used by Digital Editions is significantly fussier than the one in Acrobat/Reader, which is more forgiving. Reporting it like this is a bug, which we will fix for the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2007 Nov 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric,

We experienced a rash of customer problems with F_PDF_T3_DOC_EXCEPTION during the night. (- all Australian if that is meangingful to resolution -) We're guessing this may be related to a recent ADE update. Any ETA on a fix.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted above, there is something wrong with the PDF file. Adobe Reader has a lot of code in it to try and work around such errors, but the engine used by DIgital Editions does not. I will contact you directly about the source of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2007 Dec 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ric, been having this F_PDF_T3_DOC_EXCEPTION problem with 2 ebooks from ebooks.com.

According to u the solution would be to delete and download again. So I did. It didn't work. I deleted the whole My Digital Editions Folder. Still didn't work. Then I uninstalled DE, deleted the My Digital Editions Folder Again, then reinstalled DE. Still does not work. Strange thing is that every time I try to download one of these problem files, the progress bar fills up quickly up to about 80% before the err.msg pops up. When I look in the My DE folder after that, the file is there with a size of approx. 80% of the total size. So it appears that somehow it's being cached on my HD, although I delete it from the My DE folder, since there is no way it could download 80% (+-17MB) from ebooks.com in just a few seconds.

So how do I COMPLETELY delete it from my system in order to try a real fresh re-download?

Thank u.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two possibilities. One, the book gets corrupted during download and two, the book, correctly downloaded has PDF errors in it. As noted above, the PDF engine used by Digital Editions is much less forgiving of errors than Adobe Reader. Can you tell us what the books are? We could then download them ourselves and have a look. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank u for your reply, Ric, but I figured it out myself after a lot of trial and error: Just flushed the Internet temp folder and re-downloaded. It seems the files where corrupted during the previous download due to a connection breakdown, and my my re-download attempts after that would just pull the cached files from my temp folder.

Regards,
Premy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines