Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 1.5 Install issues

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe digital editions 1.5
O/S WinXPsp3
Problem 1 .Program installs part of the program to one of the temp files. Every time I clean the temp files it deletes enough of the program that it will not start. After the temp files are deleted the program is still listed in the add remove programs applet in the control panel. It is not the firewall or AV as I have whited listed the program thinking that maybe that is what it was that was doing it.
Problem 2 even after reinstalling the program the site I use to download the books does not recognize that the program is installed. I am unsure if this is an Active x issue but I see no active x in the system that I can relate to this program.
I am at a loss. The only work around I have found is annoying. Reinstalling the software every time I want to view one of my e books.
If it was not needed for school it would not be as big of a pain in the @#$.
Thanks in advance for any help provided

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2008 Aug 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
First. If you are using Digital Editions from a mandatory roaming profile - we don't support that. You are quickly going to run out of activations, and then not be able to activate again.

If however you are using a tool to clean up, I would suggest tuning that tool so that it doesn't delete the ADE executable.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines