• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions doen't detect or try to authorize my prs-505

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2008 Aug 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have authorized books in ADE and a running Sony ebook library that sees the books however my reader is not present in ADE. What do I need to do in ADE to detect the reader.

ADE Version 1.5.791
ebook library version 2.2.00.18100
reader version 1.1.00.18040
Vista64 Sp1

The device recognizes that it isn't authorized for adobe protected content. I wish ADE recognized the device...

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you should have to do is update to the latest PRS 505 driver.. ADE works with Sony's driver.. But you seem to have the latest driver already...

So I think what I'd recommend is uninstalling ADE using the add/remove control panel and reinstalling..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem as Kevin Dickover. At no time did ADE ask to id or authorize my reader. I uninstalled and reinstalled but there was no change.

By the way...I have a new computer that is running Windows Vista 64 bit.

There was initally a problem getting the Sony Library to work on the OS but I was recently able to do so. I am using the most recent update to the Sony software and have taken the firmware update to the reader itself. However, I still can't read books on the reader that have been loaded iinto ADE.

I did import a book into the Sony Library that I have read on the computer through ADE. I was excited that it seemed to load with out a problem and thought I was all set. However, when I tried to open the book in the reader it gives me the circle/slash and the text "protected page." Yes, this was a book that contained DRM.

Sounds like an authorization problem...

Can you adivse on how to proceed?

Thanks, Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dawn,

Digital Editions won't 'ask' you to authorize your PRS-505. If the 505 is connected it should just see it, and if the sony library has books then you should be able to open them in ADE 1.5 and read them.

Now, if you have a problem with that same book on the Sony side I'll have to send you to Sony. But if you can open an Adobe web support case and provide some information I can then escalate that over to Sony and they'll get in touch with you. Or maybe it'll be something we can work out here at Adobe. In either situation please open a case...

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually,
I opened a support case. I never got a reply.
K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kevin, what's your case #?

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines