• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't "Backup" my ebooks, Adobe has to reinstall every time

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2008 Sep 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? I don't see any "backup" button in the Library section (from Adobe's Digital FAQ section).

This worries me for losing my expensive school text book notes and highlights, since I have to REINSTALL adobe solutions every day...why is this disappearing? I use CCLeaner and read another thread that a guys "tuner" tool deletes Adobe Solutions...why?

Please let me know how to backup my ebooks.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have to reinstall "Adobe Solutions" (what are they) every
day?

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please provide a more clear picture of what's happening on your machine.

And what does 'Adobe Solutions' refer to?

We're confused by what you're written..

As to how to backup ebooks read with Digital Editions, the program itself has no means to do that. You just have to store a copy of the books from the 'My Digital Editions' folder in a backup location of your choice.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the replies, I meant Adobe Digital Editions (not solutions).

In this faq http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/95003923_eBook_FAQ_UE.pdf

It talks about a backup button, but I am guessing this is..old? Something?

And by re-install, every time I restart my computer the shortcuts to Adobe Digital Editions is dead, and it is gone from my computer. To re-access, I need to either go back to the install site:
http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/
And use the flash installer, or, now, I just have the executable to double click and it reinstalls Adobe Digital Editions.

Luckily my ebooks (school texts) and highlights are saved, but obviously this is worrisome as I would not WANT to lose all of my notes in the middle of the semester.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Salem,

That document is specific to 'digital editions' ebook content in Acrobat 7.. which is on the same things as Adobe Digital Editions the product. Unfortunately someone decided that it would be a good idea to name our latest ebook reader "Digital Editions", not realizing how much confusion that might cause.j

I have to tell you that this type of behavior usually indicates that your system isn't in good shape :(

I'd say we're going to need you to open a support case and start working with an agent to try to figure this out.

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines