• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorise Digital Editions for Sony PRS-505

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my Adobe ID 2 days ago and have been trying to authorise Digital Editions ever since. Keep getting error message E_AUTH_DATABASE_CONSISTENCY http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirectAdobeIDchris.longmuir%40btinternet.com I have tried it several different ways eg with the Sony PRS-505 Reader connected and not connected, with the eBook Library open and with it closed down. Nothing seems to work and I keep getting the same error message. My system is Vista Ultimate on a PC with 4GB RAM and two 500GB Hard discs in a mirrored array. The PRS-505 Sony Reader is the UK model bought two days ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

This is a known issue that happens once in awhile, and honestly it isn't good news.

What it means, basically, is that due to an -extremely- obscure issue with the activation server, the ID you've used to authorize ADE 1.5 is corrupted (on our end, at the server). We have been trying to figure this out for awhile now, with little success.

You'll need to de-authorize and then re-authorize with a NEW adobeID:
1. Launch Digital Editions 1.5
2. Enter the key-combination of Cmd-Shift-D (Mac OS X) or Ctrl-Shift-D (Windows)
3. At the dialog, confirm that you wish to de-activate the machine
4. Quit Digital Editions
5. Restart ADE, and re-authorize with a NEW AdobeID. It doesn't have to be your Adobe support account ID, it can be anyhting that you can remember.

Now, at this point I'm not sure if your existing ebooks will automatically be re-migrated to the new account. I'm checking with Engineering to find out..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bentley, we are trying to reinstall Digital Editions and after following your instructions to Chris, we get to a point where we get this error (E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032) We are not able to connect to your server to complete the installation. Do you have any more possible solutions please?

Steve and Richard (We would appreciate any help!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstal Editions and then reinstal and my computer is authorized. When i downloaded books from Waterstones each one came up with the following error
Adobe DRM Error
System: 7
State: 4
Class: 5
Code: 31
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error.
Client Code: 31 - HTTP Code: 556
Fault location: 5

If I get a new ID will the books be activated and if not what do I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Editions about 1/2 hour after psoting this message and each book was activated. There must be a COMPUTER GOD out there who loves me !!!!!¬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Squires
Hi Bentley, we are trying to reinstall Digital Editions and after following your instructions to Chris, we get to a point where we get this error (E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032) We are not able to connect to your server to complete the installation. Do you have any more possible solutions please?
this is the same message that Steve posted on 2ND October.
has anyone found an answer to this question.
David Squires,7TH October

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2008 Oct 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
David, please open a support case.

To open a Digital Editions 1.6 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines