• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect Username and Password

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to download Adobe Digital Editions, it asks for my username and password. Each time I type the username and password given me by Adobe via email, it tells me that my username and/or password is incorrect. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica,

I'm not sure this makes sense. The download for Adobe Digital Editions isn't password protected. You just point your browser to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ and install it.

So is it some epub or pdf content that's password protected here?

Or do you mean that when you launch Adobe Digital Editions and it asks for your AdobeID, and you enter what you think is your AdobeID, it wont take your authorization?

Please provide further detail.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Digital editions will not accept my password. I installed twice, and even reset my password. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, this is a simplistic answer. ADE will compare your entries to the

ones stored when you downloaded ADE. It's quite possible that your

username on the Adobe site is just one character different from the one you

think it is. The error message is a bit broad because it says both are not

right. I'd check to see if you can sign into Adobe with the username and

password you think is right and see if you're allowed in. If you are, then

there's something wrong with the download. In that case, when you uninstall

ADE, remember to EMPTY THE TRASH, because the new install checks to see if

certain files are present, and will use them instead of downloading fresh

ones.

Hope this helps!

==================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been there done that...any ideas???

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other thing I can think of is to reset your ereader and

resynchronize it with its parent website. Then, check the overview panel

(if you have one) to make sure that the Adobe ID is what you think it

is.... I can't tell you how many times I've seen letter transpositions that

I didn't see the first time, or some error like a period where one doesn't

belong, etc. I don't know if your ereader will display the password or not,

but if it does, check to see that there are no trailing blanks along with

spelling, etc.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Sorry!

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is either a beginners mistake or a "mee too" issue:

Just created a Adobe ID (and it works fine to log in)

Just installed ADE

Error msg: "incorrect ID or password  for this ebook provider" (approx translation from french) when I attempt to authorize the computer ! (Adobe ID is selected in the dropdown list)

I already tried resetting the Adobe ID password, I already tried CTRL-Shift-D, I already tried installing ADE on a different, clean machine: same error msg...

I'm lost in space...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening even before you try to open any books, just when you authorize the computer ...

Some Adobe DRM implementations refuse to accept passwords that contain special characters (typical rubbish programming).

If you have special characters in your password, try changing to a simpler password.

If this is happening when you try to open a book ....

Many ebook providers use the Adobe DRM system and use your Adobe ID for authorization.

Some use the Adobe DRM system but use their own vendor ID for authorization.

Check with the ebook provider to see what sort of ID their books expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjpt wrote:

[...]

Some Adobe DRM implementations refuse to accept passwords that contain special characters (typical rubbish programming).

If you have special characters in your password, try changing to a simpler password.

[...]

Just before I read your answer I had this intuition....indeed there was a non-ASCII character in the pwd (a french accented vowel). As soon as I changed it to a more "traditional" character, the problem vanished.

But the weird thing of course, is that the password WITH the accented character was valid on this site !!! So it took me a while before figuring out that the pwd parsing routines could be different on adobe.com and in ADE !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I say 'typical rubbish programming'.

ADE is certainly a strong contender for worst program of the decade.

Glad you got it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I try to download the message - this computer is not authorised to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay ... when I click to launch the installation of Adobe Digital Editions, the Setup Assistant pops up and says it will walk me through a one-time step of activating Digital Editions, which "allows you to download and read DRM items ..." etc.

When I click for it to continue, it asks for me to decide whether to authorize the computer or not ...

You know what? I just clicked "do not authorize" and was able to circumvent all that and get the book I purchased. Thanks much for your help. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica,

You bypassed the DRM. And that solves your problem.

But please be warned, that means that you will NOT be able to move any of that content to another machine or any portable devices.

Read http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/faq/. As long as you understand that, fine. But if you get a new machine, or a new hard drive, or a new motherboard then you will not be able to read this content any longer. That's why we so strongly recommend named activation..

Anyway, I just wanted you to be aware of the possible consequences. Good luck!

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica, Digital Editions does not require you to authorize your computer with an Adobe ID. This option is necessary to address concerns about some users' needs for privacy (for example, library patrons and minors). However with this option, protected items that you have already downloaded or will download later are tied to that particular computer and are not readable on other computers or devices. They also can't be restored from backup if the operating system is reinstalled.

If you don't want to authorize your computer you can decline at first launch of Digital Editions, in which case your digital content will belong to the computer, not a named user account. Subsequently, you will be prompted to authorize your computer whenever you purchase an eBook, although the prompt dialog box provides a"Dont ask me again" checkbox. Greetings, miranon

BTW, as suggested above read the Adobe Digital Editions FAQ - http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/faq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the same thing. Im trying to authorize my mac. it is asking for a password. I entered the password i used to register adobe digital editions. It keeps telling my password is wrong. ive tried the adobe passwork, my network password. everyone i can imagine none work.how do i authorize when it keeps telling me the password is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erwalsh,

The password Adobe Digital Editions is looking for is the one you'd use with your AdobeID, same as if you were logging on to 'my account' at the top of http://www.adobe.com/.

If you can't remember it, then go to http://www.adobe.com/go/gn_contact, call Customer Service and they should be able to help you reset it.

Now... if you've accidentally authorized Digital Editions with the wrong password, you'll need to de-activate it using control-shift-D (command-shift-D on the mac). Then reauthorize once you've figured out the right password.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2009 Jan 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First Mistake -
I did the mistake of not using Authorized account id when I installed ADE.

Second mistake - But at a later point of time I authorized ADE with and account id. Inspite of warning by ADE that the previous protected data will not be accessible.

I'm using the same machine and same Windows logon and not able to access my previous protected items of anonymous account.

Is there any solution to move the previous protected items of anonymous account to the named authorized account on the same machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines