• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i cant authorize my computer !!!!

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have dowloaded adobe digital editions on my pc but cant authorize it so i can transfer the book i bought to my sony prs 505..i keep trying to put my email address in and authorize it but it wont recognise my email address ? i cant download any books till i get an adobe id and authorize my pc...how do i do this ?
Warren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either it keeps giving me this message E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032 I went on the support page and it says I need to change my clock! For what time???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren,
Have you actually created an AdobeID, and if so can you log in to the website?
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/

Camille,
You need to have the computer set to the correct time for whatever timezone the computer set to.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I can log into adobe with my email address (ID) and password.  I have tried several times.  There is no way this is going to work.  I feel like giving up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren,

In addition to what Jim wrote, please post back with a -complete- error message and we can try to advise further.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2009 Sep 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. And I've tried on two different machines. The error message is the same though

E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect WesleyPeace@hotmail.com

I can log into the website without any issues, but activating ADE just does not work.

I've changed the time on my machine and still no joy. At this point ADE is totally worthless.

Any help would be appreciated.

**** UPDATE ****

I went back and checked my registration and noticed a required field was (suddenly) blank. U updated that field and tried again and was able to complete the activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing ADE 6.1 cannot authorize my computer. Clicking 'Get an Adobe ID online', locks up program and Windows reports Program Not Responding. Any suggestions anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al, I've never heard of that happening before.

I'd suggest doing some basic Windows troubleshooting. Some of the steps in this technote will help:

"General Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP Troubleshooting"
http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14776

However, step 4:
"Perform a clean installation of the application in Safe Mode or VGA Mode." will not work with Digital Editions (because you need a network connection to install).

Another good test is to create a new user profile, and install Digital Editions to that profile, then download some sample ebooks to that profile and test. Sometimes you'll find that the new profile will be fine, indicating some corruption in your original user profile (or a conflict with some startup app)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2008 Sep 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ADE for use with the Sony eReader PRS-505.
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.
Clicking on 'get an Adobe ID online' produces no effect whatsoever.
Trying to get an ID on this web site produces the error message, 'This email address is in use. Get another email address' !!!
I would be most grateful for a solution.

Ralph Simons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2008 Sep 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear
You must have the wrong System Date or wrong Time Zone, after/before the install Digital Edition.
Rupesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wont let me authorize either... it says  "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot authorize my computer either. It says E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/AddSignInDirect (my e-mailaddress)

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the link in the authorization dialog in ADE for "Did your forget your password?" it will take you here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?form=pwd&nl=1&nf=1  This will allow you to reset the password for your AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim,

I'm afraid this doesn't work. The mailaddress (gmail) and password are all

correct. I can also log into the Adobe site with the same data.

I found out that authorisation with another mailaddress does work...

However, using this, I can no longer access the (paid) ebook that I had

transferred in ADE with my gmail account.

So, I am eager to solve the problem and authorise ADE. I would be very

grateful for you help!

Best,

Martine.

2009/9/30 Jim Lester <forums@adobe.com>

If you follow the link in the authorization dialog in ADE for "Did your

forget your password?" it will take you here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm?form=pwd&nl=1&nf=1

This will allow you to reset the password for your AdobeID.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try changing your password for your AdobeID to something simple temporarily, and then try authorizing ADE (and change it back afterwards).  If that doesn't work you will need to open up a Web support case: http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions - click on "Submit a web case"  Since they can gather the pertinent information such as AdobeID (and potentially password), so that a solution can be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to login either, I tried registering 3 different times, and have used up 3 email addresses now.  Every account I get E_AUTH_FAILED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/SignInDirect [emal]

Obviously this thing doesn't work and no one at Adobe is listening.

I am at work in a LAN, I would have the correct time on my computer, the network sets it.

Please let me know what time I need to set my computer to accommodate this application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2009 Oct 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I burn through 4 email accounts.  And finally...

Adobe, listen, there is a bug.

After registering for the 4th time, I stayed logged in, and went to click "Update" on my account information.  That saves the information correctly.

If you don't do that you are SOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines