• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This book cannot be transferred because it is authorized etc

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ADE I tick on Library and it confirms that the computer is authorised. I am using this in conjunction with a Sony Reader PRS-505 and when I open Library and try to transfer books I get " This book cannot be transferred because it is authorized to another user" I have uninstalled and reinstalled, reauthorised etc etc but always the same result

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Authorized your Sony Reader, and if so is it Authorized to the same AdobeID as your computer is authorized to?

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up did not ask me too do this. How do I rectify this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have ADE Running (and Authorized to an AdobeID)

Attach your Sony Reader to your computer.

ADE should ask you if you want to Authorize the Sony Reader as soon as ADE recognizes the device.

If ADE does not recognize the device then you need to download the latest version of the Sony Library software (it has a driver that ADE needs to talk to the Sony Reader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have already tried this,but it does not recognize. I have automatically check for updates set in preferences in Reader. When I attempt to update manually I get "Server error occurred" mesage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Michelle,
Your message confuses me: When you say "Reader" above do you mean the Sony Reader, or Adobe Reader. As far as I know there is know automatic check for updates in the Sony Reader.

You'll want to make sure that you have download both the Firmware and Library Updates from the Sony Support site:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PRS505

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines