• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions 1.6 Released!

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2008 Sep 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is pleased to announce that we today pushed live the newest version of Digital Editions, 1.6. You can get it here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Or you will be automatically upgraded the next time you launch Digital Editions.

This version of DE does not appear much different on the surface. The real difference in this version is under the covers. Digital Editions 1.6 supports fulfillment from the new Adobe Content Server 4. You can read about Content Server here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/contentserver/

But what does fulfillment from Content Server mean to the end user, you might ask? The answer is that it provides ebook vendors with a modern, reliable system for protecting publishers books. This translates into more content from more publishers. Both in PDF and now in EPUB. Up to now, although publishers have been strongly voicing their support for EPUB, there hasnt been a solution that would allow them to protect their books. The release of DE 1.6 and Content Server provides that solution. We are currently hard at work helping the publishers and ebook sellers to get their content ready for stores and libraries.

In addition, the new servers are much more reliable and bug-free than the old systems. This will mean more hassle-free downloads and less support issues. This wont happen immediately as not all the ebook distributors will switch over right away. But it will steadily improve.

Now that the solution is ready it means there will be more content in more formats and more device support as well, such as the Sony Reader. The Digital Publishing team is working hard on supporting additional devices and will release them as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download it, the download page freezes up on me. I had the same problem when trying to download 1.5. I'm using Vista, what's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to launch my digital edition 1.5 it says a new version available and a choice of close digital Edition or upgrade then nothing happens if I select upgrade. If I go to the digital editions site and select its upgrade option the digital editions 1.5 launches and shows the pop up again but doesnt actually do anything else. Since I use it to view my school books its very fustraiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to launch my digital edition 1.5 it says a new version is available and a choice of "Close Digital Editions" or "Upgrade..." then clicking "Upgrade..." sends me to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ which has a link "download now" which sends me to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/#download which looks just like the previous site.
I am using a Macintosh G5, running OS X 10.5.4 and Safari 3.1.2 with a 1.8 GHz processor and 4.5 G Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like the same issue I'm having but Im using Windows XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have same problem running vista SP2

is really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS i have tried usine a mac as well - to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Robert, if you have an install problem on the Mac please open a support case. The existing manual installs are only for Windows.

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines