• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't seem to download the new 1.6 version

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could use some help/advice. I have bought several of my school books that are in DRM'd ebook format. Anyway this morning when I tried to open a book with DE 1.5 I get a pop up about there being a new version of Digital editions and am given the choice to either close DE 1.5 or upgrade it. If I click the upgrade option nothing happens. Went to the website for digital editions and there is a button for launching the upgrade but when I click that it just trys to open DE 1.5 and I get the same pop-up window. I cant seem to find any way to get past this point. I called TS and got bounced around for over an hour and one person suggested I simply uninstall 1.5 and then go to the dl page and install 1.6 but am worried I'll loose my paid for school books , which were not cheap.Is there some way to safely save my books, I see I do have a folder on my doc's folder called "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Digital Editions\ebx_backup" but not sure if thats all I would need or are there some other files I should also copy to ensure 1.6 can open my books? Went ahead and did send a trouble ticket to TS & am waiting now to hear from TS in case they have another sugestion. In the alternative does anyone have a download link for the update file so I can do it on my own as is outlined in the KB article for Vista install issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse, What OS and version are you running? What browser? TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Windows XP SP2. Firewall is disabled and no virus protection enabled. Also just to be safe added adobe to my trusted sites list but just can't seem to get it to download. Wish someone had a direct link to the file then I could just download it and do like the instructions for Vista issues suggest. Just hate the thought of possibly loosing some of my books since they ran me a fair amount of money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'can't download the 1.6 Version. I had the same problem when trying to download the 1.5 version. I'm using Vista. For the 1.5.installation problem i found yesterday a resolution with the 1.5. Zip-File. And I started to read my first e-book. And now an update that not works.

Adobe: I need the new 1.6. Zip-Version! Or I will read only "Normal-Books"

Jolanda (Bern)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly, why they won't just post a regular dl link for the bloody file I don't understand. At $60 plus for each of my books I find their DRM junk very annoying. I understand they want to push the new version but for those of us having problems they should at least let us keep using 1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree Jesse. I'm using Digital Editions (not by choice mind you) for some online school work and this whole process is annoying. I have to disconnect my network connection if I want to view any of the books I have already downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue on mac AND PC (tried both)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A download link is always available in the technote:
"Adobe Digital Editions does not install on Windows Vista"

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403051

It was updated today to contain the 1.6 version of Digital Editions.

Note that the instructions remain the same. Only the download is new. And this zip/exe will work for XP as well.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the zip says it contains digitaleditions1x5.exe dated 9/8/2008. Are you sure its been updated? I would hate to follow the steps and mess things up worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I took a chance and replaced the digitaleditions1x5.exe in my directory with the newer 1x5 file from the zip refrenced in the KBand it seems to be working. Such a pain hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run Digital Editions 1.6 I receive this error message:
E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

...I don't know what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2008 Sep 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the digital edition 1.6 compatible at all with mac 10.3.9 version? i bought books and then they are saying i can't get it until i have the digital edition 1.6..please help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this is fixed, another way of installing 1.6:

Since the flash object used for detection is 'not reliable', it detects the presense of 1.5, and gives you the option of launching. When you launch it, the software wants you to upgrade.
Going circles ?

Uninstall 1.5, and then go to ths install page again. Now, it will give you the option of 'Install'.

Note: You will not lose your eBooks, if you uninstall 1.5. if you want to be safe, go to My Digital Editions folder on yoru comp (or search for files with .epub extn ), and then backup the files in there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bee:
No, 10.3.9 is not supported. See http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/pdfs/digital_editions_release_notes.pdf. There is supposed to be a warning, but that warning isn't working currently (will be fixed next update I think)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Go to the digital editions page http://www.adobe.com/products/digital editions/

In the upper right corner there is a download link. It doesn't work, at least on XP as described above.

Scroll down the page until you see the Adobe Digital Editions Installer button. Click it and follow instructions. It installs the update an digital editions now works, at least on my computer (XP SP2)

hope this helps.

Dave Beals
Zebra Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines