• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant transfer to sony ebook

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed editions and successfully downloaded a book from waterstones. Connected Sony Ebook reader to my Mac and it shows up as an additional drive.

If I drag the .epub book across it successfully shows up in the ebook menu. But when I try to read it I gaet 'Protected Page'.

Any ideas how I authorise the Reader?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony doesn't support the PRS-505 on Mac OS.. no drivers. So we don't either.

Please see this technote (which will point you to a potential workaround)
Support for Adobe Digital Editions and the Sony PRS-505 ebook reader
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb404652

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I downloaded 2 books from waterstones but when I try to copy them into my sony reader a message comes up "no permission to copy document here" can anyone help with were Im going wrong?

Thanks

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sandra

Okay so wait- did you end up figuring it out? I was having the same prob w/mine. I have a prs505

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem I had bought an e book from the US but have not managed to download the books from my laptop. They came in fine from Waterstones but I can't get them onto the e book. Does anyone have a number I can ring Sony have been useless so far no one knows what to tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open a Digital Editions 1.5 Technical Support case, please use the contact links at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

That's what I'd recommend for both of you. That'll allow us to gather more detail.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines