• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DE Acivations Used Up and no Support

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone out there in Corporate Adobe please reset my activations for DE?

The reason my activations have run-out is that I had another problem for which I had to perform a number of registration changes that forced DE re-activation. The last attempt of this caused the activation limit to be hit.

It's been a week since I raised my "reset activations case" that went to UK support. However, I now find out after phoning them(under their instruction to do so) that they don't support DE in the UK and that my case has been closed. A related case has supposed to have gone to the US, but I don't see any evidence of this in the case notes, and I think it will just sit there and be closed like my other case.

I'm very frustrated, because not only can I not read my ebooks on my laptop, but since I I connected my Sony Reader it synchronised with DE and now I can't read them on that device either!

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!?

Regards,

Toby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-reading my post, I want to clarify one point. The registry changes I applied, that in turn forced re-activation of DE, was driven by requests from Support attemtpting to troubleshoot a seperaet problem with license transfer on one of my newly purchased ebooks. I now can't troubleshoot this issue until my activations are reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TGL,

If you open a web case and get a case number, then we can reset your activations.

If you -phoned- UK customer service then they gave you a sort-of-correct answer. There is no phone support for Digital Editions. However, there is absolutely UK support via webcase, and we do activation resets all the time.

Anyway, give me the case numbers and I'll see what I can track down and get back to you. Something got screwed up somewhere.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bentley,

Thanks for getting back to me. My case number is: 180434728.

Regards,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply on the other thread (confusing when there are multiple threads on teh same topic!) I've also asked that your other case be taken over by a higher level agent. It's a wierd problem I haven't heard of before...

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Per my other posting. I've now uploaded the error and import logs, the manifest.xml and software -> Adobe -> Adept registry key to my case so the agent can see what's happening.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that the offending ebook is very large (18 megabytes), so maybe this has some bearing on the problem.

Regards,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines