• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions on iRex Digital Reader 1000?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

iRex Technologies has just released their second generation e-reader, the Digital Reader 1000 (DR1000), with a 10.2 inch diagonal screen. They have a framework called the Universal Document Shell that allows 3rd parties to write document viewers that will plug into the DR1000. The DR1000 software development kit will be available the 1st week of October. Please port Digital Editions to the DR1000. I have been holding off on making too many DE purchases (only have 2 so far) until a larger screened reader came out. Its here but I now need to wait longer now for it to have ADE.

Thanks,

Edmund

DR1000 product page
[www.irextechnologies.com/irexdr1000]

An excerpt from the DR1000 FAQ
[www.forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2859]

Q: Will there be any additional formats supported in the future and how will this work?
A: Yes I imagine that additional format support will be added over time. We have separated functions from formats. A specific content format is rendered in the memory by a small rendering engine. The functions like zoom or bookmark are controlled by our Universal Document Shell or UDS. The UDS will load the correct rendering engine and tells it which page to render in the memory. When a specific function is not available for a specific format (e.g. increase font size in PDF), the UDS will disable this function in the menu.
This way third party developers will be able to easy add content plug-ins, which will be stored on the memory as add-ons. The advantage of this approach is that the user experience and interface will be consistent over all applications. Currently we support a PDF, Mobipocket, TXT and image plug-in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an Ebook from McGraw-Hill while on my home computer. In the process of purchasing it, I was prompted to download Adobe Digital Editions, which I did. I am able to open the ebook on my home computer with Digital Editions, but I would like to copy/transfer the Ebook on to a CD or device. I copied the entire Digital Editions file, including the Ebook, onto a CD, but when I open the CD on another computer it does not include the Ebook.

How can copy the Ebook onto a CD/device and/or have access to the Ebook from a computer other than my home computer?

Thanks,
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
John: This thread is about the DE on the iRex DR1000. Don't clutter it with this off topic gruel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines