• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no record of this loan is found on this machine

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computer, one running Windows Vista and one is a Macbook running OS-X. I have Digital Editions (latest version) installed on both computers. They are both authorized to my email address. I have confirmed that they do both show the same correct email address when I click on "authorize this computer".

I have checked out a book from the library on my Windows computer and it works fine. I copied the .PDF file from My Documents of this computer into the Digital Editions folder of the Mac. However, when I try to add this book to the Digital Editions library it says "No record for this loan is found on this machine"

On the Windows computer I can see by clicking info that it says "Allow viewing: on any device until Oct 3, 2008 4:28 PM".

So I don't understand what is wrong here... I have both computer authorized, the book information indicates it allows viewing on any device. What do I need to do so the Macbook can successfully open the PDF? I thought it would not need a loan information on each machine if each machine was authorized to the same email address.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is no provision to transfer loaned books between computers. This requires server-side support which is not there in Adobe Content Server 3. However, this feature is on our list. Once more providers migrate to Content Server 4, it will be possible to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem attempting to transfer a borrowed book from my lap top to my home PC. Spent about an hour trying to figure it out before coming to this forum and realizing such a transfer is not permitted. Apparently, the library or Adobe hides some authorization code on the machine where the book is first downloaded. Why shouldn't this be portable? At minimum, the error message should explain what the deal is.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread started back in 2008, but what was said at that time is still

true. There are controls built into ADE for library ebooks that will

restrict the copying of them to other computers. It's a function of the way

the digital rights have been implemented.

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2009 Feb 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message on my Mac - "No record for this loan is found on this machine." I only have the one computer and did not attempt to move files as listed above. Is there a remedy for this? It is happening with multiple books and from multiple libraries (although I think they all use the same ebook server.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines