• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open DRM EBook in Acrobat not Digital Editions

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and open my DRM protected ebook in Acrobat it forces it to open Digital Editions. In addition to a superior reading experience in Acrobat I can highlight passages and write notes. These are the primary reasons I buy ebooks and Adobe Acrobat Pro software. If I am forced to use Digital Editions for my e-books then I won't buy Acrobat Pro or e-books. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Acrobat to support ebook content (via a plugin) is Reader 7. Any later version will send you to Digital Editions.

So your only option here would be to uninstall ADE and reinstall Reader 7. There are instructions in past threads that you should be able to find on google.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a tablet pc and Adobe Acrobat Pro to read, highlight passages and mark my ebooks. I don't believe this functionality is available in Digital Editions is it? If this is the case, this is a real problem. It makes no sense to me why Adobe would do this when ebooks, and ebook technology such as Kindle, Sony etc are starting to gain traction. It also means my investment in terms of time and money in PDF ebooks is undermined. Am I misunderstanding something? Is there a way to regain the functionality of Acrobat for reading and marking up ebook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Blake,

Those features are things that are being considered for future versions of Digital Editions (becuase they've been asked for many times.. but we can only get so much in a 1.x product).

If you need those features now then your only option is to roll back to Reader 7.

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines