• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How would I unauthorise DE from a computer?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2008 Oct 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased by first e-books and have read the six max computers authorised rule.

I've loaded digital editions onto the first one, and done the authorising thing.

But if at some stage in the future I want to deauthorise that computer, how would I do that?

GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

command-shift-D. :)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2008 Oct 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried "CRTL+SHIFT+D" and Snapshot application came up. What else can I do to de-activate my computer in ADE?

CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garth, CC,
Please note that deauthorizing your computer does not increase the amount of available activations that you have.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too would like a comprehensive answer to this question.  I'm about to replace my desktop computer.  At which point, I'll remove everything from its harddrive including Digital Editions.  This is fine because I'll be able to authorise a new machine, but what if I keep my eReader for several years, and in that time work my way through a number of different computers (and/or operating system reinstalls)?  At some point I will reach my limit and, if machines can't be deauthorised, my eReader will become useless.

So can you deauthorise a machine AND 'reclaim' an extra authorisation?

If not, what are you supposed to do in the senario above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines