Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation error upon installation

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ADEPT_CLIENT ActivationServiceInfo EXCEPTION Error%20#1009 RESP

This is the message I received upon installation of Digital Editions 1.6.
There's not even a message or step for me to activate the program. The program launches, then this message immediately pops up. I can only click 'Cancel' to close the program[clicking 'Try Again' doesn't help a bit]
What can I do? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2008 Oct 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen, what is your geographic location? I saw a bunch of these from the UK not too long ago, but they seem to have stopped.

Can you paste the whole error? It seems to have been mangled when you pasted it.. Should be like %2038 or something like that..

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same message.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting the same error on installation:

Can you please assist?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get exactly the same, E_ADEPT_CLIENT ActivationServiceInfo EXCEPTION Error%20#1009 RESP. Windows XP SP3 Patched up to date. IE7/Firefox and Reader 9.0.0 installed.

Oh and I'm from the UK if that makes a difference. Is this an issue with Adobe seemingly not supporting UK English only the US dialect now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Activation Server is currently being upgraded (to fix another activation problem). This is taking longer than expected and should be back up at 1:30pm PST.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the same error. I can only press cancel to continue but then the program shuts down. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I'm also in the UK and trying to download but keep getting the error message. Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am getting the error on Vista but not XP.

WayneL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Activation Service is still down - the upgrade of the database is taking longer than expected. Unfortunately we've blown past the original ETA and the process is still going, so I can't give a good time of when it will be finished anymore.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Digital Editions and this is the error message;

any suggestions to fix it? The ebookmall that I bought a book from has no idea what to do, however I can not view the Ebook that I purchased without Digital Editions or so I am told.
PS, I am in the US and using Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Activation server is back online now. Just retrying the activation should fix the problem.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Administrator,

I have just installed Adobe Digital Edition 1.6 and upon finish of installation it launches the program, and a loading bar indicates that the program is trying to initiate for the first time. However, it had kept on returning activation error messages:

I have tried to install it on both of my PC (Windows Vista 64bit) and PowerBook G4, and I got the exact same error message. There were no activation options other than the 'Try again' and 'Cancel' button on the pop-up window. I have also noticed that, unlike other Adobe AIR programs Digital Edition's default installation directory isn't the 'Application' folder. Just wondering if this was intended to happen by default.

I have used previous version of Digital Edition, and was very pleased with the interface and user-friendly functionality. It's a shame that I have to search for alternatives now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hand the same Issue and Informit Customer Service [informit@custhelp.com] was able to point me in the right direction.

Here is what they sent:

I apologize for your inconvenience. Please be sure that you are using Adobe Digital Editions 1.6.You may download this latest version at http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/. Also, your reader may require manual activation which you can accomplish by visiting https://aractivate.adobe.com/eden/EdenUI.asp. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

The Manual Activation did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate

I get above massage all time and I can't activate please help me

kasun.chamara@yahoo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem , from Italy

E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

Help me, I buoght an ebook and I can't read it.

or there are another program for .acsm file?

thanku

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2009 Nov 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look down to the post by Patrick Custy on the 22nd. There is a link that you can use for a manual activation. I had the same problem and it fixed my activation problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue and the site linked above is now unavailable.

I've downloaded the offline installer v1.7.2 as our PCs are not connected to the Internet.

Is there a way to locally activate this product without Internet connectivity?

Opening our firewalls for this is apps not an option, so I unfortunately need to find another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines