• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No images on pdfs using the new Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic in the archive (September) but it applies , slightly differently, to my problem.

I have downloaded 2 art books into Digital Editions, and they seem to be fine, except that there are some images and tables missing (I checked this by comparing to the "read online" selection in eBooks). The images are reproductions of artworks, sketches, diagrams, and tables. Most of these are present, just some are not! The message on the info says "some PDF formats are not supported" (I guess JPEG.2000)- which seems strange when most of the images download properly - it would be unusual for a publication to be internally inconsistent with this.

I bought the books from eBooks.com, and they are part of a series of art books designed for art students: "Virtual Art Academy Master Program".

Can you assist?

Thanks,

Peter Franks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blank pages or missing images when you read digital content (Digital Editions)

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402913

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2008 Oct 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have downloaded Adobe Reader 7 as the link instructed, re-downloaded and the same images are missing. I would be surprised if the images etc were using differing formats throughout the book? Which is why it's a puzzle that only some are missing.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter Franks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines