• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony PRS5 and DE

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a book and sent it successfully to my Sony PRS5. The problem is that when matched up page for page, the font is so small on my Sony that it is difficult to read. When I adjust it on my Sony there are gaps and empty pages. Anyone????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's an issue on the PRS-505 then I'd suggest contacting Sony support directly.. that's their territory. ADE just manages the back-and-forth movement of the book (we don't have anything to do with the display of the book on the device, and I assume it looks fine on your PC in ADE..)

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an issue with the 505, this is expected behavior. When you zoom in on PDF, to contents are "reflowed" - essentially stripping a lot of the formating so we can enlarge the font sizes. Because of technical limitations with PDF files (and the current implementation of the reflow algorithms), we do not reflow across pages, so you will get gaps between pages.
Also because of limitations with with the PDF file structure itself (it is not an easily reflowable content), line breaks will appear in odd places.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the answer. One thing: you talk about the "current implementation of the reflow algorithm". Does that mean there is any chance of seeing an improved algorithm sometime in the future?

Cheers,

Alfy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Although Marketing can get away with discussion of future product plans on open public forums, engineers (even leads like me) can't.

Or since we are currently going through political campaign season in the States let me put it another way:

"I can neither confirm nor deny that statement" :)

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines