• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Digital Editions

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2008 Nov 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased an ebook and cannot access it b/c Digital Editions will not download. I've been trying for 2 days. The first day, it would do nothing, no message, no activity. Just sit there like I hadn't even clicked on Launch. Today I've tried again and every time I try, it tells me that it has run into an error and I need to shut down.

Any suggestions on how to get this downloaded? Or do I need to return my ebook??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2008 Nov 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This programme is causing us all such unnecessary hassle when all we wanted was to be able to carry a handy tool (toy?) around with us!
Try reading some of the other forum entries to see if they can help.
Try un-installing and re-installing. If that doesn't work, try even taking your computer back to an earlier time before you installed the programme in the first place by doing a system restore and then installing all your Ebook discs again.
I have had problems and have spent the best part of a week sorting them but I think - hope - I'm OK now. Good luck Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2008 Nov 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhupesh,

Can you tell me what all errros are coming, i will try to sort out your issue. Also, mention all steps you have done for downlaoding and installing from where and how.

Also, what version of Digital editons you have downloaded?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhupesh,

I have the same issue. Do you have any solution?

Thnaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KB Article:
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403051

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with library e-books and spent two days re-downloading Digital Editions and Adobe Reader because my daughter loves her library e-books. I finally gave up. Until Digital Editions updated, everything was fine, now they just won't download to digital editions. I have read every forum, chased the paths, and emailed Adobe with specifics (it has been weeks and no answer). Apparently a lot of us are having this problem, so why don't they address it! Our library site requires this software to download books. This is very frustrating! Adobe needs to address what happened in the last update or tell us why they can't. If they want us to go back to the last Digital Editions, they could at least make it available to us. My daughter misses her library books!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First it asks for installing flash, once flash will be installed, then it automatically installed digital editon.

Can you clarify what steps you are using for not able to download.

So that i can understand problem and try to sort out.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open my ebook acsm file in Digital Editions. the book is grayed out when i try to add it to my library. am searching high and low for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aer several reasons if ebook is not getting opened in digital edition.

Can you send your book to me check it out and and provide you the appropriate solution.

Regards,
Arvinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhupesh,

Have you been able to open your book or still encounter with same error?

Regards,
Arvinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2008 Nov 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having more general problems. I cannot download Digital Editions at all. I click on the "badge" but nothing happens. I am using XP SP3 and I have tried it in Chrome, Firefox and IE7.
I have DE on a CD which came with my Sony Reader which works but I just can't get it to install on my laptop.
Why not!?!??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have internet connection then go to adobe site and get it downlowad online version 1.6. It will definately work.

Thanks
Arvinder (E-Book Expert)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my point, internet download DOESN'T work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded 1.6. it does not read the .acsm file that i sent you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2008 Nov 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beth,

Can you Send me the books which you have tried to opened in digital editions but couldn't. Let me check it and if there is any issue in opening the book or the digital editon i will sort out with that.

Thanks
Arvinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sent this ebook to you once beforenot sure if it got through to you. i tried again but the attempt is "aborted" or i get a bounce-back message telling me to post a message thru the website. how should i send the book to you?

downloaded DE 1.6 and can read other files thru it.

i am on a mac platform.

beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not download DE 1.6 to my Macbook Air running the latest OS X. I keep getting an error saying it can't write to my hard drive because it is not available. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU Jim Lester!!!!! I was so frustrated and ready to scream. I clicked on your post-link, DE downloaded and installed in seconds. I can finally read my ebooks.

Anyone still having problems, this is the SOLUTION.

AGAIN THANK YOU! 1,000,000 thank you's.
Bella

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jim lester please help me now. i have successfully downloaded DE 1.5(6) to my macbook pro and can read some digital booklets. i purchased an ebook (.acsm) and can not read it.

i have had several questions from adobe support people but no one ever got back to me.

please help!

beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2008 Dec 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i received no answer from adobe about this infuriating situation i began to backtrack to see if i could go around my issue...which is: i am mac based, use safari, downloaded my first ebook no problem. then found that i could not open with acrobat so downloaded DE. i was one of the fortunate ones who was able to do so with no problems. BUT DE would not recognize the book (.acsm file). so i went to many sites/forums/ help pages etc. one caught my eye...adobe says it is something to do with safari and how it recognizes the file. so they recommend doing this programmer-like (in my mind anyway) digging in your computer to rectify this problem.

i downloaded Foxfire instead. got the file and was able to open it in DE. i downloaded the book about a month ago...

i would suggest paperbacks or kindle. this is ridiculous.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2008 Dec 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloaded file is on your computer and its name is digitaleditions1x5.exe, but because of a glitch, you are going to have to literally find where the file is on your computer then run it. Use the Vista search feature to find the file location, or if you know how, use the following path to find the file:<br /><br />C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions1x5.<br /><br />Also, detailed (albeit complicated) instructions can be found at:<br /><br />http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403051&sliceId=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can say about all these comments is Thank God its' not just me! I have wasted almost all day trying to download using Adobe, can't get my comouter authorized, got some guy in Mumbai (poor bastard) who led me to this chat room since he had no technical support to offer. I just hope one of those Adobe execs got an E-Book for Christmas and tries to use it with his own Adobe programme! The Sony e-book store works well but Adobe has got lost in India!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download Digital Editions on my Linux computer to install on my Windows XP Computer. The Adobe website doesn't allow me to download the software because you have to press a button that checks for a valid operating system on your computer from the Adobe website. What idiot thought of that? Or should I say didn't think that someone might use a computer running another operating system besides Windows to download a file to install on a Windows PC? I ask this especially since Linux is less vulnerable to malicious attack from the Internet then Windows. Its certainly a better choice for downloading files and Internet access.
Please contact me back ASAP about how to download this software so that I can install it on my Windows PC. I have a dozen Adobe ebooks that are useless to me right now!!!

Get with it Adobe! You use to be a sharp company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download Digital Editions on my Linux computer to install on my Windows XP computer. The Adobe website doesn't allow me to download the software because you have to press a button on the download page that checks for a valid operating system on your computer from the Adobe website. What idiot thought of that? Or should I say didn't think that someone might use a computer running another operating system besides Windows to download a files to install on a Windows PC? I ask this especially since Linux is less vulnerable to malicious attack from the Internet then Windows. Its certainly a better choice for downloading files and for Internet access.
Please contact me back ASAP about how to download this software so that I can install it on my Windows PC. I have a dozen Adobe ebooks that are useless to me right now!!!

Get with it Adobe! You use to be a sharp company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,
Your proposed workflow is not supported. As part of the install process a internet connection is REQUIRED on the machine that you wish to install ADE on. To install on this on your Windows PC you will need to connect it to the Internet.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines