• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DE -saster. How can I reverse and go back to acrobat on a mac?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2007 Jul 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no time for this nonsense. $100 book that I could read passibly on acrobat, and I foolishly clic on the download the new edition "yes" teaser. Now I'm stuck in this Digital Edition and can't get back. No thumbnails where there used to be, and slow page changes. Page numbers no longer correlate to the page numbers in teh book, so searching for things is painfully difficult. Text is blurry.

There should have been a warning... i only intended to upgrade to reader 8.1, not get imprisoned in this not ready for prime time thing. I've got to get this book back NOW.

I'm using a mac with 10.4.10. Please advise how to de install DE and get back to acrobat with my expensive (and hopeless) e book. I'll never do this again. Strictly paper and ink from now on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2007 Jul 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on windows and had the same really bad experience as you.
i simply deinstalled DE and reader 8, then reinstalled reader 8 again and seemed to be fine.

you should try that also, hopefully it works and things get back to normal.i don't think something happened to your ebook file, just that DE seems to be a very down graded version of adobe reader.

i was also unsatisfied with the poor quality of the text, images plus not to mention i also finished writing and producing an ebook myself and all my interactive buttons and links stopped working in DE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2007 Aug 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Digital Editions does not and will not support JavaScript, so, assuming, that is how you created your interactive buttons, you should indeed stick with Acrobat/Reader. DE is not intended to replace A/R.

We are working hard to improve both image performance and text quality and intend that the next release will improve both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines