Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help- digital editions will not authorise ebook

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help.
My digital editions will not authorise ebooks to accept the books I have bought.
Support have taken a week to ask me whether I have a Sony Ebook, so I don't have much faith in them helping

I can buy the books and read them in Digital Editions but it will nopt allow me to transfer them into the Ebook or the Ebook library.
I have tried pressing CTRL SHIFT and E but nothing happens- even though the programme recognises the presence of the Ebook.

I have tried transferring the books into the Ebook library via the folder in 'my documents' but again-weh I try to transfer them from thier into the actual ebook it says something like "Adober needs to authorise these books. Wasnt to open it now?"

Oh-and my computer is authorised.

Please help (and talk in idiot speak for me please-I am not computer savvy)
THanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when I try to drag a library book in Adobe Digital Editions to the Sony PRS-505 icon. Both ADE and the Sony PRS-505 have been authorized with Adobe. The message is: "Error: <book name> No permission to copy document here". I sent an email to Adobe on Jan 3 and got no response. I called Adobe support a few minutes ago and they said they don't support "free" products. They sent me to this forum. So far the Sony PRS-505 and ADE are worthless.<br /><br />Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my view Warren. Further-If I had known it would be this much hassle to sort it out I would certainly never have bothered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's day 3 and I'm still waiting for the response from Adobe Tech Support...

In the meantime, I'll try updating my ADE from version 1.5 to 1.6. Maybe they have already fixed the problem. And maybe pigs fly.

Although I'm angry, I'm also very persistent. I will get this resolved one way or another. I hope that happens before I check into the old folks home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first reply from support was "Digital editions only works with the Sony PRS-505. Can you confirm that this is what you have".
Then you wait another three days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2009 Jan 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still ongoing saga with adobe support who are the most incompetent support people I have ever encountered. Pretty astonished that they exist.
Anyway-I tried my ebook on a different computer and everything worked completely fine.
This suggests that there is a problem between my computer and digital editions.
ANyone got any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2009 Jan 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.

I have just bought my 1st ebook from waterstones.

When i try to download it I get the following message

'Sorry, the file you are attempting to open cannot be opened by Digital Editions.'

I have uninstalled and reintalled digital editions but it doesn't help.

Has anyone got experience of this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish I could help but I have the same problem and have been trying to get it resolved for most of the day. I ended up talking to someone in Mumbai, India who advised me that I should go to the Chat Room and see if there were any solutions there since they had no technical support available. The only good news today is that the guy in Mumbai is safe!

I cannot get my computer aithorized to accept downloads that come trhough Adobe and Adobe has a line to india for Customer Service - and they have no support!! This is getting to be like a nightmare - I think I'll just read a book - you know, the type with pages!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2009 Jan 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way - I had great success downloading from the Sony e-book store and I guess this serves me right for trying to download free e-books using Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah, thank goodness I am not alone! I am having the same problem Tom and Warren are having. I wonder if this is Vista issue? Here's the system requirements from Adobe website.. "Vista Home Basic 32-bit and Business 64-bit editions supported." I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit.. Who knows.. Please let me know if you have made any further progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines