• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to rotate the view 90 degrees?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2007 Jul 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ebooks where most pages are in portrait, but some pages (e.g. diagrams and tables) are in landscape. How do I rotate the view so that I can read these pages? In Adobe Reader it was trivial using the rotate toolbar button.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I posted the same request last month. I just realized that DEs should open in Acrobat 7 which does allow page rotation, just like 8, which will not allow you to read DEs. So I got my old PowerBook with 7 and tried to authorize it to read the DE I just downloaded and Adobe won't let me open it. It seems that DEs are not backward compatible after authorizing them for Acrobat 8 and DE. In short, this is a mess. THe only solution for me right now is NOT to download anymore DEs because I refuse to read a half a page and scroll to read the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to rotate my head 90 degrees to read any pages that are printed in landscape? Hmm - nice one Adobe.

It's an interesting issue this - because I purchased an eBook on the basis that I would be able to read it, and now Adobe can come along and unilaterally reduce the value of my investment by forcing me to use software that no longer allows me to read my eBook comfortably. Sounds like Adobe is playing fast and loose with customers' money - maybe I should be asking them for some form of refund?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
because I purchased an eBook on the basis that I would be able to read it, and now Adobe can come along and unilaterally reduce the value of my investment by forcing me to use software that no longer allows me to read my eBook comfortably
just like 8, flv to video which will not allow you to read DEs. So I got my old PowerBook with 7 and tried to authorize it to read the DE I just downloaded and Adobe won't let me open it. It seems that DEs are not backward compatible after authorizing them for Acrobat 8 and DE. In short, this is a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines