• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when opening acsm file - E_ADEPT_URN_UUID_SYNTAX

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an e-book recently, first time using Digital editions. After installing Digital Editions I try to open the acsm file and I get the following error:

Error getting license
Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_URN_UUID_SYNTAX

Has anyone seen this error? Or know what the issue is? I have re-downloaded the acsm file and also tried re-installing Digital Editions. I have tried other machines. But always the same result.

Any help would be wonderful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was re-downloading some books (my computer was reformatted and all info was lost!!!) and on one of them I too had a very similar message. I wrote to the bookstore for some info as I thought it was their error. All my other books downloaded ok.

Not much help I know, but at least you're not alone!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2009 Jan 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same error message.
I called Customer Service and Tech Support of Adobe and they were very unprofessional. They said to me that because I have no license and because this is a free product, the Adobe Digital Editions, they are not in obligation to offer a telephone support! This is a big shame for Adobe and I think that we have to sue them for misconduct of their customers. Why if the product is free? Because other companies, such as eBooks make money selling ebooks referring to Adobe to download it for the ebook opening.
Please keep posting your messages for the next step in resolving this problem. I don't want to sink my money because of Adobe. Of course I could not cancel my order from the ebook web site, they took my money and they dont care how we could open them.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech Support for Digital Editions is available through the Web
http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on the "Get Support" link.

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a completely useless link. 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They changed it to "Submit a web case"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines