• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download sample books or bought books

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2009 Jan 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded ADE 1.6 yesterday and downloaded one of the sample books without any problems. Today I purchase some books and go to download them and just keep getting rerouted to the download page repeatedly. Attempted to download a sample book again (to see if problem was ebook store or ADE) and the same thing happens. What is going on? I tried reinstalling, restarting the computer and nothing helps. I hope I just didn't waste my money on the books I purchased if this isn't going to work. Any ideas??

Dot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the file handler for the purchase token (.etd or .acsm files) that gets download from the browser is being handled (incorrectly) by either Reader or Acrobat. Acrobat/Reader 9 will correctly launch ADE if it is local and not register to handle the purchase tokens.

So you can either:
1.) Upgrade your version of Acrobat / Reader
2.) Manually Digital Editions to handle .etd/.acsm files
3.) Open up a support case at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Acrobat/Reader 9 but get an error messege that the .etd file cannot be opened. I tried to manually set Digital Editions to handle the files but for some reason Digital Editions doesn't show up as a choice. I guess I will have to open a support case, but after reading these forums I don't know if I have much hope. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the .etd file is still registered with Acrobat instead of Digital Editions.<br /><br />When setting the handler manually there is an option to browse for the application instead of selecting it from the list<br /><br />You can find the ADE executable at the following really non-intuitive locations:<br /><br />Mac:<br />/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/digitaleditions1x5/digitaleditions1x5.app<br /><br />(the windows paths are from memory so they may be a little off)<br /><br />XP:<br />c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions1x5\digitaleditions1x5.exe<br /><br />Vista<br />c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\digitaleditions1x5\digitaleditions1x5.exe<br /><br />Good Luck<br />--<br />Jim Lester<br />Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<removed double posted message>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Jim,

Believe it or not, I tried that too. 🙂 I browse, go to the path and click "open" and nothing happens. I really appreciate all your help. At least I know I am on the right path.

Thanks,

Dot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines