• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with downloading books into DE 1.7

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been purchasing books online for a number of months from various websites and installing them into DE with no problems. Just recently i tried to purchase a book from Books on Board when i tried to download the book i was prompted to install an upgrade to DE 1.7. Since i have done this i have been unable to download any ebooks from any of websites that i have used in the past. Everytime i attempt to download a book i get the same prompt to download this update and each time i do i still cannot get the book. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DE 1.7 a number of times but still the problem remains. Can anybody please help me resolve this problem. I am using Windows Vista on a Dell computer. I have also tried to install this on my laptop which also runs Vista with the same result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are launching and old version that get left around <br /><br />Perform a clean uninstall:<br /><br />1.)Uninstall current version 1.7<br />a) Windows - do the uninstall from the Control Panel<br />b) Mac - Delete \Application\Adobe Digital Editions.app<br /><br />2.) Delete all the contents of the weird install location that begin with digitaleditions<br /><br />WinXP<br />c:\Document and Setings\<user>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin<br /><br />Vista<br />c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin<br /><br />Mac<br />~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/www.macromedia.com/bin<br /><br />2.) Download Standalone Installer from:<br /> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=digitaleditions<br /><br />3.) Launch Stand Alone Installer<br /><br />This should end up with ADE launched and running<br /><br />Make sure to remove any shortcuts/links you were using to find the old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that jim it worked and i can download to my desktop and then drag and drop into DE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked for you, Robert. Out of curiosity, which OS and browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using Vista and i use IE or Modzilla. I also use Norton's Internet Security 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I can't open any of my ebooks (new and old) after installing ADE 1.7. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and even redownloaded some of my ebooks but I still can't open them. I am using Windows XP and Mozilla F.F.

Prior to this problem I have been receiving message: "error getting license. Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO". The only ebook it would open was the last one I read before installing ADE 1.7. Neither the old ones nor the new one would open. So I reinstalled ADE 1.7.

The only way to open any of my ebooks would be to go to "Library" and click on an item but this is not helpful for ebooks that are not in the library because I can't open them normally (double-clicking, right-click etc). Also, I can't add items to the Library.

Any idea what I should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines