• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Activations - No reply from Tech Support...

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm hoping somebody may be able to help me - I contacted Customer Service last week to ask for my activations to be reset after reading the numerous problems people are having here that I am also having.

I had to re-install Digital Editions and Windows Vista after an unrelated problem - but now I cannot activate DE as it says I have too many activations.

Foolishly, I'd thought I'd skip a step and ask Customer Services directly, but after going around and around in circles with Customer Service who seem to just quote other web pages for me to look at rather than fix the problem - I'm not getting anywhere - can anybody help with my cases? I managed to find another form for Technical support, and filed a case for the reset request, but haven't as yet received any reply.

Any help gratefully received.

The case numbers are:
Customer Service: 0201747312
Technical Support: 0180732318.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just the same problem, see the problem posted just before yours. I got an answer from Tech support, but it just pointed me to all the places I had already looked. I too wait for help. Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the delay. Both customer service and the support tiers have been instructed on how to handle activation resets, and I'm not sure why they're not doing it correctly. We'll have to look into that. I'll reword the technote to try to make the path to get a reset more clear.

James, I've replied to you via the case notes of your Support case (but I did not close the customer service case. You can just ignore that and it will autoclose at some point)

fiona, I'll check into your post shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have similar problems('E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) for ebooks(pdf) files that I purchased from Amazon in 2006. I can't view them anymore with DE since I installed new 1.7 DE vs, new Adobe reader 9.0 and changed/updated user profiles in Windows XP computers. I have opened a customer support Case #0180740665, How and do I need to open a technical support case also? Can you help me resetting the activations? Now I can't use DE 1.7 to any computer to view these ebooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Konstantis,The correct thing to do here -is- to open a technical support case first, but people aren't getting that. But we do have a process for moving those cases over to support if needed.

I checked your case and it's been moved to the right place. We've now reset your activations. I'll communicate that to the agent who owns your case..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Benley,
Thank you for your response and help.
I still don't find where i submit a technical instead of customer support issue. Please send me the link.In my account now I have a response to the customer case i opened.

Today I was able to install Digital editions and activate both my computers. Probably you reset my activations.
However the problem now is that i can't read the ebooks:
'Activation server communication problem'
'Error converting license'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, I sent you a note via the case system with some questions, but I haven't seen a reply. Please check in on the case and followup with me. If you're having trouble with the system let me know.

Konstantis, what is your case #?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Bentley, for not replying to you sooner - I have left a note in the case - but all seems to be working fine again now.

Should this happen again (and from what I have I read on the forum - it might do..), customer service should be able to fix it, and if they can, but just keep referring me to your support web pages - how do you get them to reset the activations - or do I just open a technical support case as opposed to customer service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks James. Case closed. We're working with customer service to try to get them to do the right thing... but for now activation resets have to go through technical support as web cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines