• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't authorize behind firewall - what needs to be opened?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2009 Feb 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download/authorize a book, but I'm behind the corporate firewall. I have the .acsm file but when I click to open it (and download its .pdf), I get "Error getting license. Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO".

My Windows Firewall is turned off and I've followed everything in kb402747. I have no problem accessing the internet through our proxy. If I manually point my browser at http://adeactivate.adobe.com/, I see "Welcome to Digital Editions".

The only thing I can think of is that ADE communicates through some port other than HTTP or HTTPS (which would be dumb but possible).

What EXACTLY needs to be opened on the firewall?

FYI, I didn't install ADE from behind the firewall...my laptop was at home. This is first time I've tried to download a book from behind the firewall.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the standalone install:

See this technote:
Adobe Digital Editions installation fails in some proxy server networks http://www.adobe.com/go/kb408439

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already installed. I've downloaded a .acsm file from a vendor (Powell's Books) and am trying to open it to read (which means it will download the .pdf). That's where I get the E_ADEPT_IO.

If I take this laptop out to a wifi hotspot, no problem. Behind the corporate firewall, no go. So since I can browse the web no problem from behind the firewall, I'm wondering how ADE is trying to connect to the auth site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's not an auth problem since you are already installed. It's a problem connecting to Powell's server to get the license. The URL being contacted in the .acsm file (but please don't post the .acsm file itself).

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines