• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital editions library of books has disappeared?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a number of digital editions over the last year. Last week I opened up my library to find the entire contents had disappeared. I have no idea why it's gone but I would like my books back. I can see them on my computer under My Documents but as soon as I click on the icon it requires me to activate in Adobe Digital Editions and I can't do this. Any ideas on how I can get my books back?

Thanks Lucy Curtis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems authorizing your copy of Adobe Digital Editions you best bet would be to contact Tech Support on the web at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that but although I can click on the link I don't seem to have anyway of contacting technical support. I have to click on an icon of either installation, product or other but once I do that it will not allow me to continue. I could phone but I am not sure if its double 0 call for international and when I tried that I had a disconnect sound on the phone. (I am in NZ) With this adobe forum I seemto be going round in circles. I would like to be able to just email someone at adobe with my query but that doesn't seem to be possible. (If soneone has the link to an email address that I can use to contact the appropriate person that would be great.

Regards Lucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucy,
They moved the content around on me again. Either I or someone from Technical Support will respond later today with clear instructions on how to open up a Tech Support case.

I'm deeply sorry for the confusion, and now heading off to write some pointed emails to our Tech Support folk about this problem.

--
-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lucy,

The "Contact Support" link on the DE support page will take you to the main support page
at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Once there their is another link called "Ask a new question" which after you sign on with your AdobeID on the right will start up a a new support request.

On this page you will need click on the "Additional products" radio button, and then select "Digital Editions" from the drop down list and then click continue, which will take you to another page so that you can enter in details about your problem

After you are done, click on "Review case & submit".

You will want to return occasionally to the Support portal to review the status of your case.

--
-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines