Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download a e-book

Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HP laptop. Windows Vista, I am trying to download a e-book from a libray, when I click the download button, my Windows Media Player comes up with this message Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. Can anyone direct me where I can get some assistance.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For weeks I was not able to download "borrowed" library Adobe PDF ebooks to my Sony Reader from Adobe Digital Editions. I kept getting a message that my PRS505 was not authorized for DRM material. Adobe was no help. A technician at my public library had more direct contact with Adobe's support personnel, and even he could not get adequate assistance. FINALLY, he got the correct solution from Adobe. I hope it helps you, since it corrected my problem.

Connect your PRS-505 to the PC, open Adobe Digital Editions, and press CTRL+Shift+E on your keyboard. This will deauthorize the device.
Then exit ADE and re-connect. You should see the message that your Reader needs to be authorized AND see the link to properly accomplish this. It worked for me. Bon Chance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines