• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some books display blank white pages

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2007 Jul 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing DE (1.0.467) I purchased a book at ebooks.com and downloaded it. The book is in the library but the pages are all blank (white). The "Item Info" command says "The document appears to have minor errors that might cause it to be displayed incorrectly".

I thought it might be a book I purchased but the title "This Side of Paradise" I downloaded from the DE free library does the same thing. I can open "This Side of Paradise" in Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and it works fine. The purchased book can't be opened because of DRM.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be going on? I've tried re-installing DE but the same errors occur.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2007 Jul 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A further point of clarification for my problem: it only appears to be happening with PDF books. XHTML books appear fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Is there any solution for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of book is it? Does it consist of scanned images? Digital Editions does not yet support JPEG2000, which causes the images to be not rendered. ANother possibility is that some publications (very few) use a deprecated type of font (Type 1 symbolic) that are also not yet suppported by Digital Editions. But this is rare. More likely, the images are JPEG2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2008 Jan 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. Although the text can be highlighted, they are all in white! I can't read any of them. Ric, I believe that this book contains scanned images, but are you sure that they used the JPEG 2000 format? They could have used TIFF or PNG. If what you claim is true, then do you know of any way of resolving this problem? Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2008 Jan 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I finally got my ebook working by using adobe reader 7. Sorry Ric for doubting your claim regarding the incompatibility of jpeg 2000 on digital edition. I had no idea before that you are actually one of the creators of adobe DE and thanks for your advice regarding using adobe 7 in one the threads in this forum 🙂 cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2008 Mar 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ric,

In my case all the pages are blank but the titles are in a "signs language", like a code. The cover is a picture and is blank, so it may be jpeg like you said. But the rest of the books is words and is still blank. Help!

Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2008 Mar 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What language is the book in? English? Or perhaps some Asian language? Can you tell us the title of the book and where you got it so we can look into it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines