• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot read pdf's

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2007 Jun 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of this software if it cannot read pdf's.
Cannot even read its own Adobe pdf's
It rules out all Google books and Gutenberg files that makes it to limited to be useful.
I hate the user interface no help or delete icons.
I am now going to uninstall this SW and wait until Adobe get their act together.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2007 Jun 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an eBook I bought that is encrypted. Now I can't read it in Acrobat 8, and Digital Editions refuses to import it. I tells me to check the log file, but doesn't bother to tell me where to find the log file!

This is NOT good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

It can't read Google eBooks because they use JPEG2000 which Digital Editions doesn't support. I think this product was rushed out of development a bit too fast. Uncharacteristic of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I found the log file. Here's the log entry for a FREE book!

/Users/ewelch/Documents/Digital Editions/Memoirs_of_Sherlock_Holmes.PDF
E_DRM 9 4 22 1 Your Adobe software could not be activated.
No matching activation records found.

Eden Info: (0x30) No matching activation records found.
Soap Info: Client : No matching activation records found.
Adobe DRM Activator error (server code 30).
Fault location: 22
Contact customer support.
SDK Error while importing a PDF. System: 9 State: 4 Class: 22 Code: 1 Message: Your Adobe software could not be activated.
No matching activation records found.

No matching activation record found? I think the burden should be on Adobe to prove it's not been activated when they do such radical surgery on software that they take it out of Acrobat and create a new stand-alone product. OR at least tell us how to find this activation record. No big deal. I could just re-download it. But what about my purchased products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a document/book in your sample library a few hours ago, now I can't find it. It was about the Iraq war (about 800+K).
How can I find it?
Israel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No book of that type in our library that I know of. I suspect you saw it elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines