• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

more table-to-paragraph options

Advisor ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once every three months, I have to update a List of References showing conditions, throw away the entries no-one needs to see and massage the rest to give clear results. An early step in this process is to take the LoR and turn it into table so I can sort it: very easy, with the "Treat each paragraph as a cell" option

Having sorted the table and discarded the redundant entries, I turn it back into paragraphs ... but have to rebuild the tabbed lines by hand, because there's no corresponding "Treat each row as a paragraph and separate with tabs" option.

If I'm not missing something, then this is definitely a feature I would value!
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2008 Mar 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally silly question, but why can't you just leave it as a table?

Cheers, Rebecca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 19, 2008 Mar 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not silly at all - in fact an excellent "question all assumptions" call... but this change-log (since that's what the document in question is) Has Always looked like a ToC, with leaders and so on.

Still, with the April release pretty well ready I've got three months in hand to take a look at imitating the same lay-out inside a table: thanks for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines