Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Writing a new index

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2007 Oct 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to delete my index and start again? I have inherited my current RoboHelp project and the current index was poorly written / designed and I would like to start afresh if possible. However I do not wish to delete the TOC or Glossary, so I am not sure if this is feasible. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We always enjoy this answer!

1] Highlight the first entry in the index.

2] Press the delete key.

3] Put a weight on it.

4] Walk to kitchen.

5] Make coffee.

6] Return to desk.

7] Index gone.

Sorry to tease, just press the delete key and the index will disappear before your very eyes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively if your kettle boils a little too quickly you can rename your project's .HHK file, open your project and a brand spanking new index file is created with no entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
... but you are left with any index entries that were created in the topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp