• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell Checker

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see Adobe add at least a passable spell checker. For example, if you transpose a couple of characters in pointer ("poitner") the top replacement options "peignoir", followed by such close matches as: "pander" (same first and last 2 letters), "buttoner", (same last 2 letters and they both have an 'o', an 'n', 't', as do thousands of other words, I assume random selection here), "bonder", and my favorite "bindery". "Pointer" is not even in the offered replacement list.

I would like to see a focus on basics. It is hard to continually upgrade at $300-400 when so little attention is paid to such common features. When people translate .fm to .pfd and import into Word in order to achieve acceptable levels of spell-checker capability (as another poster on the web suggests is the best solution), something is absolutely lacking.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2009 Jan 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, that should have been - "Pointer" is not in the list. As we can see I am very dependent on spell checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to see a spell checker that works with the Swedish (and other Nordic) alphabets. As it is now, our special letters å, ä and ö are replaced in the dictionary with for instance \x8a instead of ä. As the word in a dictionary can only be 20-25 charcters (I forgot the correct number), a word containing lots of å, ä and ö is not checked at all. Well, it's checked, but as it can't be in the dictionary it appears as a mis-spelled word every time. Very irritating!!

Lena, Sweden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines