• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to exclude (generated) files form spell-checking.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love a check box or something that would enable me to exclude generated files -- especially TOC files -- from spell checking.

It's essentially useless to detect a mis-spelled word in the TOC: The mis-spelling needs to be corrected at its source, not in the generated file.

As it is, I need to repeatedly click ignore to get through mis-spellings in the TOC before I can begin spell-checking the source files in which those mis-spellings originate.

I understand that I can remove the TOC from the book while spell checking then return it to the book afterward, but practically speaking that's more work than simply "ignoring through" the TOC file...

Cheers & hope this helps,
Riley
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the para tags for the TOC (Heading1TOC, etc.), set the language to None.

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Art:

Doh! I should have thought of that -- I already do that for character types tagged CODE and the like...

Cheers & have a great weekend,
Riley
x5633

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines