AVI Video Problem in Drop Down Text

Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

* RoboHelp 6 on Vista
* HTMLHelp output

I have movies that I've inserted into a topic and are assigned to drop-down hot-spotted text. The AVI file automatically plays when the text is clicked on. However, when I re-click on the text to collapse the movie, the text collapses but the movie keeps playing on top of the text and keeps repeating and repeating until I navigate to another topic.

Some questions.
1) How do I get some controls at the bottom of the AVI so that users can pause, stop it etc. ?
2) How do I get the AVI to collapse with the rest of the text instead of continuing to play after collapsing?

Thanks in advance!

Jared

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2007 Oct 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared. I think this may be diffcult to achieve. Once you have clicked the drop down, control and focus is handed over to the AVI file. If you click to collapse the drop down, I'd expect the AVI file is oblivious to this. Might you be better linking to a auto sizing popup window? Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2007 Oct 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Jared. I've also just noticed you are running under Vista. Currently RH is not supported under Vista. Could you try and run the CHM on a non-Vista PC and see if the same problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2007 Oct 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Colum. I've used the auto popup topics for these in the past. I was hoping to be able to insert it directly into the topic so I wouldn't have to always create separate topics for them. I tried viewing the help on an XP machine and it does the same thing so I don't think it's a Vista issue. I think it's a limitation with RH or HTML that RH creates... I don't know. Anyway, the auto sizing popup links work fine. Guess I'll go that route for now. Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp