• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

coldfusion/java/jfreechart question

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2007 Oct 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... so we have jfreechart working in coldfusion to do the dual axis chart in Coldfusion on Weblogic on our Windows Server. Then we tried to move it to test on Solaris *sigh*

Well, when running Jfreechart on UNIX it uses an X11 thing to render the Java 2D unless you run in a headless state... so here is where I need help... (well, I need lots of help, but in this case... )

There are two ways to do the headless thing...
with a servlet -->java -Djava.awt.headless=true ... which I think we could set in a startup script but I am not sure about
(not a servlet?) System.setProperty("java.awt.headless","true");

I think (or am trying to think) we would do the second option in the code when we call the jfreechart with createObject but I am not sure (or sure how)... could someone help a little to explain to me. Sorry if this is simple... I appreciate the help!

Thanks as always!
Va.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2007 Oct 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set it in your jvm config or whereever weblogic sets java arguments. I do not believe you will get away with setting it dynamically in your code. I know java arguments can be set for each websphere server instance. I would think weblogic would have similar capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, well weblogic has an arguments option in the admin and I set it there. Nothing came up... but thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Va.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2007 Oct 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please forgive this, I just have a quick question if someone would indulge me and forgive my ignorance.

I just read that the Djava.awt.headless=true was a jvm setting, would this still be done though the weblogic admin under java arguments (in theory)?
Is the jvm setting mean just where the setting will be used...

Thanks,
Va

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation