Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perform Query Off line

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have a form where the user is allowed to make selections and then uploads a file to be processed. How do I process the queries off-line and send results to the requestor via mail as a comma separated value (CSV) file?
I mainly need to know how to call the file withouth letting the user see it and how do I pass the values to it?
Appreciate all help in this matter.
Thank you.
Anu
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processing off line could be done as a scheduled job.

cfdirectory allows you to find the file
cffile allows you to read it.

I don't know what you mean by passing values to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The user uploads a txt file which has ip address - one per line. I have to upload this file and process each ip address - one at a time, put the results in a file and attach that file and send it via email.
After I upload the file, I have to execute the rest of the process off-line, meaning the user should not see the cfm file that processes this txt file. I hope I have been able to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation