• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Feedback

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone out there that has been using Robohelp v 7.0, along with Roboserver?

I am wondering if the newer version is more stable (presently using 4.xx) allowing users to access a project on a shared network drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008
Hi Colum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jusnatters

When you say "users accessing a project", do you mean help authors or end users?

I ask, because sometimes folks are under the mistaken belief that RoboHelp Server is needed in order to post content that multiple users will view from a server. Generic WebHelp is capable of that without the added overhead (and expense) of RoboHelp Server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Sorry for not being more clear on my question.
I am speaking of the help authors.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want multiple authors to access RH you will have to purchase enough RoboHelp licences to enable them to do so. Note I did not say RoboHelp Server. This is only required if you want to publish your help output to a server (WebHelp Pro output) and allow your end users to access it there. It also has many reporting benefits.

You should not install RoboHelp over a network as it is against the licence agreement. I'd also strongly suggest you never run any RoboHelp source code on a network drive. Backup there, yes but never open a project located there.

If you want multiple authors to access a project, you could explore using a source control system. RoboHelp has one in built - that I have never used - but others prefer a third party solution such as Visual SourceSafe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp