• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Create a Next Button?

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workflow (task map) that provides an order in which tasks need to be completed to get to an intended goal. It's a good map, but I need each procedure to link to the next procedure in the workflow. I currently have a Next link at the bottom of every procedure:

Next: Create a template.

I'd like the Next text to be a button, like a Related Topics button except that there is no list. How do I do this? Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this on every topic since my instructions are set up to be read in sequential order. It's easy. Simply insert a Related Topics link. On the first page of the wizard, change the text to "Next >" or "< Back" or "Main Topic" or whatever you want. Then, on the next page of the wizard, add only the next, previous, or main topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That worked. Thank you. After seeing the two side by side, I think that the Next hyperlink is easier to notice than the button. Well, I'll try it out on customers and see what they think. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Kathy's advice, you may also want to think about using a browse sequence. This negates the need for a button in the topic. What you need to do this depends on what output you are producing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By browse sequence, do you mean the navigation arrows, back and forward? I was thinking (hoping) that the navigation arrows worked like browser arrows: click <- to go back to the previous page and so on. If you mean that the navigation arrows just go to the next topic in the TOC, then that's not very useful to me and not sufficient for the problem I'm trying to solve because the user needs to understand that there is a connection between the from procedure and the to procedure. I hope I'm making sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp