I need to write a paper about CF and web services. Could anybody
point me to some resources about best practices when implementing web
services in CF? Any lessons learned, gotchas from your own experience
are even better.
I know already about the complex data types and their problems in SOAP/
WSDL.
I'm aware about the pros&cons of handcoding XML/SOAP and pushing it
through CFHTTP vs using the CFinvoke and the built-in Apache Axis
engine. Any extra info on these issues would be very useful too.

I'm interested in more advanced WS features support in CF like all the
standards (WS-Security, WS-Transaction, and other WS-*).
The security aspects are also of special interest (including the
encryption and digital certificates)

Thanks,
Michal
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some gotchas that I came across include:

All arguments have to be mandatory.
Web Services written in Cold Fusion, no matter how simple, can't be consumed by Lotus Notes.
If the cfc file has returntype="xml" in any function, none of the functions can be be consumed by asp/.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michal

Can you send me your article or anything you have on web services? I am trying to connect to a .NET server and I'm getting the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException: WSE012: The input was not a valid SOAP message because the following information is missing: action. at Microsoft.Web.Services3.Utilities.AspNetHelper.SetDefaultAddressingProperties(SoapContext context, HttpContext httpContext) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocol.CreateRequestSoapContext(SoapEnvelope requestEnvelope) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocol.FilterRequest(SoapEnvelope requestEnvelope) at Microsoft.Web.Services3.WseProtocol.RouteRequest(SoapServerMessage message) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocol.SetContext(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

I know it has something to do with Axis but I just don't know enough. Is there a way around it? Do you know if WSE 3.0 requires Axis2?

Thanks for any info you can send my way.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation