• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XPJ file date doesn't match CPD file HELP

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last night, I did a compile of my project, all went well. However this morning, i noticed that when I open the project file (xpj) it uses one that is several months old, and contains no changes. I keep looking for an HHP but I don't have one. I am using Robohelp 6. This is due to be released today and I am freaking (as usual). Any ideas on what may have happened, what I can do and where the files I need are?
thanks for you help from a desperate woman (again)
Louise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louise

You likely won't find a .HHP file (at least an updated one) unless you regularly compile a .CHM format. This is the file the HTML Help Compiler uses. So RoboHelp HTML normally updates it just prior to compiling.

It seems very odd that you would re-open your project after working on it just last night and see no changes. Were you by chance working on it from home? You then transported files to the office and attempted to resume there? That might be one possible explanation.

Sorry, but my psychic powers haven't yet developed to the point where I can tell you where the files you need are located. I'm afraid we will need more information in order to hazard a guess. For example, where did you think you had your files? Were they possibly on a network resource? If so, perhaps there was some server failure and your IT staff restored from a backup that was several months old.

Wish I had better answers for you... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. I compile every Wed here, so it is compiled regularly, and I would have expected to see an HHP file at least a week old, if not from last night, right?
I wasn't working from home, no WAY. Yuk. And my files are stored locally. I have just run a search for XPJ and HHP files on my hard drive and see nothing under 2 months old. everyone here denies all knowledge. I guess I will have to import the changed topics into the project (which is over 11 mb BTW) and recreate using your tutorials.
thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Just to be certain, you create .CHM output? Or are you creating WebHelp or FlashHelp? I ask, because if it's WebHelp or FlashHelp, creating those outputs is not the same as compiling a .CHM. Many feel that because they create WebHelp or FlashHelp, they are compiling, when in fact, they are generating. An equine of an entirely different hue!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACK!! I create Webhelp DUH. I can see that the HHC file was created last night at the right time.... sorry. Does that help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops. HHK file and PSS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so just to clarify, i have: HHK, PSS and something called an HH file all of which have the correct (ish) time and date. Sorry for being such a dunce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2008 Jan 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You don't have to worry about old XPJ's. This project file contains only bare bones information about the project which is unlikely to change in daily work, hence the old date.

'The CPD - and other production files - on the other hand do get updated regularly.

---Dirk Bock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp