Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phantom recording

Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Captivate 3 and currently need to update some CP2 simulations. I brought in the file with zero problems and wanted to record additional slides to the existing project. The recording mode is set to "Custom" where I only record text captions, click boxes, and text entry boxes (no captions are recorded). I stop the recording by pressing the <End> key. So, I'll record my slides, which includes text entry, press the <End> key and two things happen.

1. Only the first few slides that I recorded will be added to the project. As well, it will take up to a minute for one or two more slides to show up. If I toggle between the Storyboard, Edit, and Branching views, then other freshly-recorded slides may appear, but only within its respective view. I'm only recording maybe eight slides total.

2. Since slides do not show up within the project, if I try to add more slides, I will get the message, "Another session of Adobe Captivate is currently recording. Please close the other session of Adobe Captivate before trying to record." There is no recording to end that I can find, either within the program or on the task bar, and have to close out of the program.

Since this happened a few times in CP3, I tried to use CP2, which is still loaded on my IBM Thinkpad, and the same thing happened in that version as well. I have never had any problems with Captivate until this incident. Any help would be great. Thanks! Ben
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've not encountered this before. This sounds like a bug. You might want to report to Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources