• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Updates

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, maybe I'm just too tired from lack of sleep last night or maybe I just dreamed this a while ago, or maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I swear when I downloaded the trail version of RH7 that after I imported a glossary I could drag and drop terms in to the topic. Then if I modified the term in the glossary pod it would automatically update that term in all the topics.

My client has since purchased the Technical Communications suite, but now this feature doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else having this issue or was this just something I dreamed up one night and it never really existed? Call me crazy, but I swear that I did this in the trail version.

I think.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MeWrite

While you may certainly drag and drop terms to create automatically the expanding hotspots, they will not update automatically if you later change the description. The only way to update the description is by using the Glossary Hotspot Wizard. Or by killing the existing hotspot and dragging and dropping again to create a new one.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hmmm...don't like hotspotting. Always messes something up.

I guess I must have dreamed it, but I'd make a huge bet in vegas that I got it to do it in the trial version.

Thanks much for the answer -- not that I like it, but alas at least I won't keep banging my head on the wall.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp