Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reports (<cfdocument>) issue when printing in Linux

Participant ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I wrote some reports in coldfusion using <cfdocument> tags. When I first tested my reports in a windows environment the spacing was neat! I even used my ruler to make sure everything was professionally aligned. The client that ran this report is a Linux user. So after the reports were in production I received this e-mail and the IT contact of that company with my company was very frustrated. I saw the output in Linux and then I was frustrated! For example when I bold a word <b>Bold Text</b> I get like 10 spaces after the word 'Bold Text' That only occurs when I run the report on a Linux environment. Every time I use   I get extra spaces too! I don't know if it's a <cfdocument> tag issue or if it's an operating system compatibility issue but I desperately need some feedback on this thread. I have improved the look of the report but there are some stuff that are out of my hands, or that they were fixed so 'manually' that a simple change in font size would mess up the whole thing again. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Apocalipsis!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the client have all updates/hotfixes installed? applying necessary
cf hotfixes may help...

---
Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't know if they have all the hot fixes installed. That is a good idea. I will contact them today and will find out what's going on with this. Thanks Azadi! I will post again here to inform if this was the problem or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation