• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 vs RH7Pro and RH Server

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the RoboHelp Server product includes RH7 Pro. Is that the case? And if so, I am assuming I can still create simple client side help using Pro...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

RH7 is what creates help. RH Server is used if your output is WebHelp Pro or FlashHelp Pro. The two are quite separate.

If your help is client side then you need HTML Help, a compiled CHM file, so you have no need of RH Server. WebHelp can be installed client side if you insert the Mark of the Web but you will have problems with links to PDF files.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I see. that makes sense.

I wasn't precise enough when I said client side help. I'm actually thinking a web-based delivery (flash-help) that could possibly be cached (if/when flash help supports AIR) for use when the user is not actually connected to the internet. But thanks for the pointer on limitations of using MOTW wrt PDF links. that is nice to know as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp